Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2 Months! 2 Months! 2 Months!


Oops! I tend to neglect this little wedding planning blog of mine! But that doesn't mean wedding stuff isn't happening, because it definitely is! Looks like the last time I posted was about a month ago... and you know what that means?

exactly 2 months to go!
(from yesterday)

Wow, does time fly! I seriously cannot believe our wedding, that we have been working so hard on, is only a mere 2 months away. I am trying to savor every moment of the planning process, because I know August 7th is going to be here before we know it! (However, I CAN'T WAIT!!) Let's see, what have we been up to this past month...

Engagement photo session:

On Sunday, May 23rd, we headed to North East (about 45 minutes outside of Erie) where we had our engagement photo shoot with our AWESOME wedding photographers (Heather Neckers)! We met at their studio, then headed out to shoot in beautiful woods & fields with awesome trees, and a gorgeous vineyard. We had a blast! Heather and Murl were so laid-back, awesome, and talented, so it made the photo shoot really easy for us! They had so many great ideas! Here are some pictures from the session: I am so in love with these photos!! If these engagement photos are any indication of what our wedding photos will be, I can't wait to see all the pictures they take on August 7th!! :)

Flowers:

I kept going back and forth on what I wanted to do for flowers. Florists are not cheap! I just couldn't imagine spending close to $1,000 on flowers that will be dead by the end of the night. So at first, I found a great deal at Sam's Club. I was going to order sunflowers and have them delivered. Then I'd have to make the bouquets myself. It was a great price and they had great reviews on their website. But the more I thought about it, the more I kept thinking how stressful it would be to have to worry about making the bouquets ourselves and dealing with flowers being delivered through the mail. So I started doing a little more research regarding flowers in Erie. I ended up finding this great garden center that has a floral department! Gerlach's Garden & Floral Center. They are a GREAT price and they will take care of everything! It will end up costing us the same amount as ordering the flowers from Sam's Club and the best part is that they will make the bouquets and deliver them. Whew! That's some weight off our backs!

Invitations:

We've been working on our invitations lately and finally found some really great stationary from Michaels to use! We are planning on getting those sent this week!!

Bridal Shower!

This past Saturday, June 5th, my bridesmaids & family hosted a bridal shower for me. Let me just say, it was perfect! I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful, warm, and love filled shower. Everything about it was just perfect and so "me". I know my mom & family (and brett's family), maid of honor Jess, and bridesmaids put a lot of work into making it perfect, and it really was. I can't thank them enough for all they've done so far. I couldn't ask for better bridesmaids and a better family!! Hopefully once I get pictures from the shower, I can post them here for you to see. It was such a wonderful day and really made me feel very special and loved. I love you all!

Wedding Rings:

Finally, tonight we are going to the jeweler to design our wedding rings! I'm so excited! We are going to David Helfer Jewelers downtown, which is where I got my engagement ring resized. They are awesome!! I'm planning on getting my wedding band specially designed to match my engagement ring. Brett is planning on just getting a simple plain wedding band, which will be great too! Oh, and we are also planning on getting the insides of the bands engraved with our names and wedding date. I can't wait to be wearing that puppy!!! :)

Hmmm, what else what else. I think that about does it for now. I have a huge to-do list of wedding stuff, but the things mentioned above are our current items to tackle!

60 days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment