Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ahhh! We're Engaged!!


So, of course, the most important factoid of this whole wedding planning blog is how we got engaged!! So here you have it:

It was July 4th weekend and we were headed out on a nice weekend getaway. Originally, we were planning on going to a music festival & camping, but Brett decided to change those plans. Instead, we headed to Port Clinton, OH for some sun & relaxing on the islands of Lake Erie. Me, being the oblivious person that I am, didn't think anything of the change in plans. We headed out early Friday morning (the 3rd) and got to our hotel, but it was too early to check in. Brett suggested we go check out the Marblehead Lighthouse that was nearby, because he knew I am in love with lighthouses! We headed over to the spot, and had some cheese & crackers by the lighthouse, just relaxing and enjoying the view of the lake. I took a ton of pictures, as usual, then we started heading back towards the car. I started to get in the car, but Brett suggested we go get a view of the lighthouse on the rocks down by the water. Of course, I agreed and walked down to the water, continuing to take a ton of pictures, while Brett just stood there. I was in my own little world taking pictures of the lighthouse and the water, with my back to Brett. Suddenly, in the mist of my picture taking, Brett said, "Hey babe!" I turned around and Brett was down on one knee, with an open ring box, and asked, "Will you marry me?" I said "Oh my god" about a hundred times, followed by "Yes!" about a hundred times, while jumping on him with lots of hugs & kisses! Annnnnnd the rest is history... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment